To make children accept and better progress developing their motor behavior
…they should be introduced with:
- Values of motor activities, games and sports disciplines.
- Ways of playing games and doing sports disciplines.
Values of motor activities, games and sports disciplines
Sport for Children provides that each child meets with the values of:
- Self expression – through orientation in space, overcoming various obstacles in their own way, expressing feelings and creativity through movement;
- Activating the appropriate muscles and relaxation – through a variety of exercises and activities, learning about the values of rest and sleep,
- Socialization – learning why the children play together, how they play together, when and where they play together.
- Development of motor skills, habits and general motor skills of the child in the process of growth – learning which abilities that enable a variety of activities in the development of motor behavior.
Ways of playing games and doing sports disciplines
- Rules and terminology – learning various games and sports disciplines ( in basic forms);
- Objects, props, basic tactics – in various games and sports disciplines, as well as ways to improve their activities in them ;
- Possibilities for adaptation, modification and innovation of games and sports disciplines depending on the needs of the players, playing conditions, and thinking about games and activities.